CMS Revised Preventive Services Educational Tool Now Available
The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released a revised preventive services educational tool. The tool helps health care providers learn about coding, coverage requirements, and patient cost-sharing for each Medicare preventive service.
This educational tool can help health care providers properly furnish and bill Medicare preventive services with information by service that includes:
- A link to the National Coverage Determination (NCD) webpage for the service, if it applies
- HCPCS/Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes
- International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) diagnosis codes
- Coverage requirements, i.e, who is covered
- Frequency requirements
- Medicare beneficiary liability
- Other notes as needed an applicable
Follow the link below to access the newly updated preventive services educational tool.
Want to read the full alert and receive alert emails?