CDC Vaccine Schedule App for Health Care Providers
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) urges providers to use their vaccine schedule app to access recommended immunization schedule and footnotes. The free app provides the most current version of the:
- Adult schedule, including recommended vaccines for adults by age group and by medical conditions
- Adult contraindications and precautions table
- Child and adolescent schedule with vaccine recommendations for patients birth – 18 years
- Catch-up schedule for patients 4 months - 18 years
According to the CDC, useful features of the app include:
- Colors match printed schedules
- Hyperlinked vaccine name opens as a pop-up with dose specifics
- Related vaccine resources and websites
- Any changes in the schedules will be released through app updates
Please note that if you have previously downloaded the app, check that you have version 6.0.1 with 2019 schedules and footnotes.
Want to read the full alert and receive alert emails?