Joint Commission's New Speak Up™ Campaign
The Joint Commission (TJC) has released a new Speak Up™ Campaign addressing infection control in ambulatory care settings. TJC relaunched their Speak Up™ program in May 2018; the campaign is intended to help patients and their caregivers become more active in their own care. Each campaign is comprised of:
- Infographic in three sizes
- Animated video
- Podcast featuring an expert on the topic
- Distribution guide on how and to whom organizations can distribute materials
TJC’s newest campaign is aimed at infection control in ambulatory care settings. The campaign has identified six areas where patients can actively participate and advocate (aka “Speak Up”) for their own health care:
- Wash hands
- Remind care givers to wash hands
- Stay away from others when sick
- Cover mouth and nose if coughing/sneezing
- Wash hands before and after hospital visits and follow instructions on all posted signs
- Be up to date on all vaccinations
Included with this notice are example polices that support the recommendations outlined in TJC’s Speak Up™ campaign materials.
Want to read the full alert and receive alert emails?