Class I Recall of Halo One Thin-Walled Guiding Sheath by Bard Peripheral Vascular Inc.
Bard Peripheral Vascular Inc. is recalling the Halo One Thin-Walled Guiding Sheath because the sheath body may separate from the sheath hub while removing the device from the patient's leg. The company also reports that the sheath may kink, and that its tip may become damaged during the procedure.
The use of affected sheaths may result in prolonged procedure times and on additional surgical intervention to remove detached components from the patient. The affected product may cause other serious adverse health consequences such as internal tears and perforation to arteries or veins, excessive bleeding, and death.
Product Codes: HAL545, HAL590, HAL510F
Manufacturing Dates: April 12, 2016 to July 7, 2016
Distribution Dates: June 24, 2016 to July 12, 2016
See the recall notice, link below, for affected lot numbers
The Halo One Thin-Walled Guiding Sheath is used to introduce and/or guide the placement of interventional and diagnostic devices into veins and arteries through an incision made on a patient's leg.
On January 10, 2017, Bard Peripheral Vascular sent a Medical Device Recall Notification, which instructed consignees to:
- Stop using, or further distributing, any affected products
- Check all inventory locations for affected product codes and lot numbers
- Remove any affected products from the shelves
- If an affected product has been used, complete and return the "Recall and Effectiveness Check Form," which was attached to the notification, and which indicates no product will be returned
- Contact the firm's Recall Coordinator at 1-800-321-4254Option #2 Ext. 2501 (Monday - Friday 6am to 3pmMountain Standard Time) or by email at email@example.com
Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program.
Follow the link below for additional information:
Want to read the full alert and receive alert emails?