World Hand Hygiene Day, May 5, 2017
May 5, 2017 has been designated World Hand Hygiene Day. Goals of the Clean Hands Count campaign include:
- Improving healthcare provider adherence to CDC hand hygiene recommendations
- Addresings myths and misperceptions about hand hygiene
- Empowering patients to play a role in their care by asking or reminding healthcare providers to clean their hands
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Clean Hands Count campaign provides posters, factsheets, and brochures for healthcare providers and patients. Here are activities your organization can do to participate in World Hand Hygiene Day on May 5th:
- Watch and share the new Clean Hands Count video
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/MzkNSzqmUSY
Alternate link: https://www.cdc.gov/handhygiene/video/CHC-Final-SD-360.mp4
- Order free Clean Hands Count print materials
New this year are Clean Hands Count stickers for windows, doors, or mirrors. There are also brochures, fact sheets, and posters for patients and healthcare providers. Order copies by visiting: http://wwwn.cdc.gov/pubs/CDCInfoOnDemand.aspx?ProgramID=31
- Spread the word: Start a conversation about whyCleanHandsCount for safe health care
- Use Social Media: Tweet #CleanHandsCount for safe health care!
Included with today’s notice are example policies related to hand hygiene
Want to read the full alert and receive alert emails?