Joint Commission Releases Prepublication Standards for Phase 1 Revisions to Behavioral Health Care Manual
The Joint Commission has released prepublication standards for the first phase of revisions for their Behavioral Health Care accreditation standards.
The revisions are a part of a process TJC has undertaken to identify standards that require maintenance including language clarification, new elements of performance and note revisions. TJC has divided the process into two parts. This first phase revisions include:
- Rewriting of Note 2 for standards CTS.02.01.05 and CTS.02.01.06 for clarity
- Rewriting HRM.01.06.01, EP 3 for clarity
- New EP (CTS.03.01.07, EP 5) requiring opioid treatment programs to provide education programs on neonatal abstinence syndrome to all women of child-bearing age.
- Applicability of EC.02.04.03, EP 3, which requires organizations to inspect, test, and maintain medical equipment, to all BHS organizations.
- Addition of a requirement CTS.03.01.03, EP 2 that organizations “…identify the criteria and process for each individual’s transfer and/or discharge and incorporate this information into the individual’s plan for care, treatment, or services…”
These revisions will be effective on July 1, 2017. StayAlert! is reviewing these revisions in detail and will publish additional information with updated polices in upcoming notices.
Want to read the full alert and receive alert emails?